- My Weight - Yes, I'm opening that door. I started this battle, and yes I see it as a battle, in January. It's now October and I've yo-yoed my way to a total loss of 7.6 pounds. Hubby and I are working on this together, and I think many days that's the only thing keeps me going. I will continue to move through this battle and move toward my goal. I will also accept that there will be bad days and maybe even bad weeks.
Blogs I'm Loving:
- The Healthy Maven - I read this post first, which hooked me, and then this morning I read her post about Knowing Your Value. Loving this blog. Lots of foodie goodness, but also a good bit of real life too.
- Shutterbean - I stated following Tracy when I first started writing my own blog in 2008. I love her recipes, her photography and her unapologetic writing style. You know if I've been reading for eight years, and I'm still reading, she's got it going on.
Recipes I Need to Try:
Happening in the Studio:
- I'm listing my original art in My Etsy Shop. This is a big one for me. I'm putting my art out there in the world, not just handing it to people I know as a special gift.
- I'm spending more time sketching, what an amazing stress reliever this has been the past couple of weeks.
- InkTober, yeah, about that. I did really good for the first 13 days, I'm officially behind four days. What's more is I don't care. It's been fun, I've been drawing daily, but it's all been on works in progress, not a daily drawing.
What's on My Mind:
- Black and white photography has been a reoccurring thought traveling through my mind lately. I need to take more black and white photos. I love the story they tell when the color isn't there to guide the eye and tell the brain what to imagine.
- I've been questioning myself, wondering what happened to the 11 years I spent devouring everything foodie I could read. As of late, I don't even feel the pull to cook, let alone read about food. Did I burn myself out, or has this been a result of the constant challenge of trying to find ingredients in this remote part of the world?
Goals this Week:
- Be kinder to myself. Focus on where I am and go from there.
- Journal more, write more.
- Focus on self-care and letting go.